How do I define my role as a leader? The role of leader is defined by not only the leader but those who are being led. One of the roles of leader is to progress the staff and organization. In order to do this, the leader must realize the abilities of staff. For leaders, this may require more or less hand holding or more or less input and directions. Once a leader realizes the staff's abilities, it is a clearer path to realizing their potential. Also organizations are constantly being bombarded with changing conditions and forces which require a response. Whether it is a tough economic climate which draws minimal financial resources or a new competitor, an organization must be able to adequately weather the storm. In these situations, it is the responsibility of the leader to ensure that the organization is able to come out on top. This includes the ability to predict hardships and foresee conflicts. It also means having a plan in place before problems surface. It means building a solid team of staff with the aid of confidence and trust. The role of leader is constantly changing with the ever changing environment. A leader's role is to guide her team through those changes.
What inspires the best in staff? To answer this question, I think it is best to ask who inspires the best in staff? It is the leader that is able to tap into what is important and what matters to staff. In order for this to occcur, the leader must intimately know what motivates and drives the staff and ultimately the organization. I have always believed that a company's best asset is its people. When they are put first the rest will align and fall into place. I firmly believe in human potential. It is up to leaders to guide staff in realizing their potential.
What are my strengths? I consider the ability to realize not only your own potential but that in others to be a strength. This is the only way that growth as an individual and an organization can occur. Although some may consider it a weakness, I consider my ability to realize my limitations is a tremendous strength. Another strength is helping to empower people. Helping someone to realize their own talents and potential is a rewarding feeling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment